Help and Info for The Weimaraner Pedigree database
If you would like to have access to The Weimaraner Pedigree database and currently don't have an account you can create one by clicking onto the "Account" Button on top in the menu and choose the Login screen.
The easiest way to start working with The Weimaraner Pedigree database by browsing the content. You can click through pedigrees and go back many generations, viewing the pedigree and detailed information for each dog, and information about the owners or the breeders of the dog.
You can start exploring the website by following one of these links::
- browse dogs allows you to look through the dogs available in our database by name or country of birth.
- Search for dogs by registered name (this is a simple search - available in the top right corner on each screen)
To search for a Weimaraner, please enter the registered name, or part of the registered name of the dog you wish to look up, WITHOUT TITLES, and then hit enter or press the "Search" button.
NOT "CH Freddy Dog"
Note: diacritical marks are not used in the database because these are not recognised by the software and result in errors. For example 'Šaša Adèle' would be entered as 'Sasa Adele'.
- Advanced search allows you to search for dogs by name, gender, date of birth, registration number, country of birth, and health reports. You may also search by ID number or health results using the "Search Dogs" options from the "Dogs" menu.
Calculate COI will perform a quick coefficient of inbreeding (COI) calculation over 8 generations. To see the most current calculation (eg if a pedigree has been updated), you need to "Calculate COI again".
Beneath this are options to perform "Partial COI Calculations" or "Ancestor Loss/Blood Percentage" over 8, 9 or 10 generations.
The partial COI calculations shows next to the COI of the dog also the COI of the parents and shows a list with the most contributing Ancestors towards the COI, more about this is explained on the page itself.
The Ancestor Loss/Blood Percentage does not only calculates coefficient of inbreeding, but also ancestor loss and percentage of blood. Results, and more information about these, including a table of ancestors, are displayed on a new page.
Below the 'Dog Info' is the Pedigree showing the selected number of generations. The default is 4 generations, and you may select from 1 through to 8.
Also there is an option "picture", which allows you to upload a picture of the Weimaraner you are looking at.
Underneath the pedigree are lists of known mates, offspring and full siblings.
There are also a few options for viewing other information immediately above the pedigree, on the right;
- "View breeding info" provides more detailed information about the offspring and siblings of the dog you are looking at.
- "Reverse pedigree (Offspring)" provides an overview of the offspring, going up to 8 generations.
- "Vertical pedigree (Siblings)" shows all the siblings of the dogs in the pedigree and the medical information available for them.
- Advanced info: gives an overview of the number of dogs in the database, champions, etc.
- Breeding Statistics: lists the most prolific males and females that have been used for breeding. On top it gives how many different females and males are actually used for breeding. This statistic can be viewed: global, per country, per period or per country/period.
- Longevity: displays in graphical from the ages which dogs have reached.
- Country of Birth: shows the number of Weimaraner in the database by country of birth.
- Variety: A PieChart with the percentage of Shorthair and Longhair in the database, next to that the known Longhair carriers or not
- Birth Years: shows the dogs by birth year global or per country.
- Hip Results: shows an overview of the hip results.
- Height: shows the heights of females and males.
The statistics are based on the information available in the database and are therefore only reliable to that extent.
If you have other ideas for statistics which we did not think of and are giving a nice additional view over our breed, you always can contact us with ideas!
- Descendants: search for up to 7 generations of descendants from a nominated Weimaraner.
- Ancestors: display all known ancestors for a nominated Weimaraner.
- Exclude sires/dams: allows you to search for a prospective sire or dam and exclude all dogs descended from a dog or bitch that you nominate in 7 generations.
- Orphans per dog: for a nominated Weimaraner, this allows you to search for ancestors that have unknown parents (holes in the pedigree).
- NAVHDA Results: this shows the results of the NAVHDA tests from all dogs tested, next to that it also shows the Hunting results of the parents.
You can find this ID under the dog's name on the dog info and pedigree page.
submit a pedigree here.
Or send a scanned pedigree or the information to us by email or Facebook and we will be happy to add it.
Please read our Disclaimer!